Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bye, bye, Bia.....

Jake misses Bia......
So, my youngest sister, Bia. Left for college this week. (Go Sun Devils!!) My mother has been a nervous wreck, as her youngest birdy left the nest. I admit, I wasn't quite understanding her nervousness. Our town is a mere 2 1/2 hrs away from ASU. But, my mom had to go out and buy a webcam just to see her.... I admit, maybe I'm a little jealous. My parents dropped me off at college in New Mexico and then jetted off to England for a year. I don't think I spoke to them 3 times the entire time they were gone. I managed to survive.... And, who knows? I guess its possible that I too may be a nervous wreck when Jake leaves the nest. (Bia, if you are reading this, we do miss you, but we know that you will be OK.) So, tell me, Blogland.... Does it get easier or harder letting kids go? I don't nessessarily mean just college. Preschool, gradeschool, high school.... I know in my experience it has just gotten easier. Am I abnormal?

2 comments:

bee said...

hi guys! i miss you too!


loooove,
auntie b

sues2u2 said...

Well, my kids are only 11 & 6 but kindergarten was rough that first day! It's great knowing that you've done your job & they are thrilled to go but come on. Just one look back? lol

This is sues2u2 @
mymusingsaboutus.blogspot.com/