Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Hero




My hero is ten years old, and she is the strongest, most resilient person I know. My daughter was born at 30 weeks gestation weighing only 2lbs. She spent the beginning of her life in the NICU for three months hooked to machines for life support. Since then she has lived a life plagued with health problems, the most prominent one being a severe (sometimes life-threatening) respiratory condition. She spends weeks in the hospital at a time, and through it all she remains brave and positive. My life has revolved around her from the moment she was born, and I wouldn't have it any other way. She has shaped the person I am today. To her I say, "Thank you Shannon, for being so brave. Thank you for teaching me so much about faith and love. And, thank you for being such a special child. I am so proud to be your mom."

0 comments: